Who needs all the carbs you find in traditional nachos? We’ll, here’s the solution if you’re watching your carbohydrates. Perfectly roasted cauliflower topped with your favorite nacho toppings. Heck, you don’t even have to be counting carbs to enjoy these nachos.
These cauliflower nachos remind me of another low-carb version of a dish: mashed cauliflower. Just like the potato version, but without the carbs. We make them often and always enjoy folk’s reaction when we tell them they aren’t eating mashed potatoes.
For another delicious low-carb snack, make some Buffalo cauliflower bites.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pickled jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower pieces in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and toss gently to coat.
- Add the salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Pour cauliflower out on a large baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden in color and the edges have started to crisp.
- Sprinkle with the cauliflower with the cheeses and return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve topped with salsa, guacamole and jalapeños.