I love Texas toast.
I love French toast.
I love waffles.
… and that sums up how I feel about Texas toast French toast waffles! Incredibly easy to make and beyond yummy. Self-control was very challenging with a platter of these little tasty beauties in front of me. Sweet, with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, you can substitute any bread you like, but I prefer Texas toast because it can more than handle the job of holding up to an egg batter and a waffle iron.
I often contemplate what I would do differently to a recipe after I make it. A little twist or something. I can honestly say there is absolutely nothing I would change about Texas toast French toast waffles. Except to maybe double the recipe.
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Real maple syrup and confectioner's sugar, for topping
- Preheat waffle iron. I used my Cuisinart Griddler with the waffle iron plates.
- Beat the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a pie plate.
- Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture. Flip and coat other side.
- Transfer to hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.