Ya know, it just doesn’t have to be fancy to be good. I’m a big time tater tot addict. I have been since I was a kid and I remain so to this day. Back then all I needed was butter on my tots. Yep, butter. Now, I want a little more flavor, but without going crazy. So I just grab some seasoning mix out of the pantry, do a little sprinkle or two (or three) and it’s time for more grown-up tater tots.
Some day I will tackle making my own tater tots from scratch. They’re really not that difficult to make, from what I can tell. Why have I waited so long to try it? Well, I have to say, I’ve been making seasoned tater tots for many, many years, and I sure would hate to mess with tradition. There’s a lot of memories in those bags of potatoes.
Seasoned Tater Tots
- 1 30-ounce bag tater tots
- Bake the tater tots per package instructions.
- Transfer tots to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with the desired seasoning and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer tots to a serving plate and serve.