If it has blue cheese in it and Anita likes it, it’s not just good, it’s amazing. This wild wings dipping sauce has (you guessed it) tons of blue cheese in it but it has the perfect balance of that blue cheese funkiness, creaminess, and even a hint of smokiness. There was a whole lot of happy moaning as we dipped hot-off-the-grill buffalo wings into the sauce. It tamed the spicy wings perfectly.
This wild wings dipping sauce is also fantastic as a dip for chips or crackers, too, so make a big huge batch of it. And don’t be afraid to add more of the seasoning than I state below. It adds just a hint of smokiness and heat to the dipping sauce, but not much. It’s there, it just doesn’t jump out at you (unless you want it to).
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, or gorgonzola crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons (or more, to taste) McCormick Grill Mates Chipotle Roasted Garlic seasoning
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir before using.