Oh there’s no question that its hot cocoa time here in Indianapolis. We’ve had day after day of sub-zero temperatures. And if I’m making hot cocoa, I need marshmallows. Not those teensy weensy shriveled up ones that they put in cocoa mix, either. Nice, perfectly shaped and perfectly crunchy marshmallows. Nothing is easier than dehydrating marshmallows on the Nesco Snackmaster Pro. Just load them up, turn it on and come back later to great marshmallows.
To answer your next question: Yes. Yes, these dehydrated marshmallows would be fantastic in cereal. Who hasn’t polished off a bowl of Lucky Charms only to wish they’d had more marshmallows floating in the milk? That’s right, no one. I would definitely recommend using Kraft’s Jet-Puffed Funmallows (like you see in the picture above). They come in orange, strawberry, lemon and lime flavors.
You can dehydrate just about anything using a Nesco Snackmaster Pro. Even mushrooms.
Check out my guide to using the Nesco Snackmaster Pro. You will be making fantastic jerky at home in no time at all!
- Miniature marshmallows
- Fire up your Nesco Snackmaster Pro dehydrator for drying at 120 F.
- Line your trays with dehydrator screens to prevent sticking (optional).
- Add marshmallows but do not crowd.
- Dry for 6 or until crunchy. If using more than 4 trays, rotate the trays every 2 hours.
- Note: The marshmallows will get even crunchier after they cool. To test, I take a marshmallow out of the dehydrator and place in the freezer for 5 minutes and then test for crunchiness.)
- Let cool before serving