The reason I made such a big batch of these cheddar pretzel bites isn’t because I needed a huge amount for a family get-together. Sure, I needed some, but not a ton. Nope, I made a big batch because I wanted more for myself. Sorry, but it’s true. I was being selfish, but for a good reason. I love them. Crunchy, a bit buttery, and definitely cheesy.
You don’t have to use pretzels to make these cheddar bites. If you prefer, any cracker will do, specially oyster crackers or saltines. Just don’t substitute something that is strongly flavored and might not go well with the cheddar. That would make for a bowl of sadness.
Cheddar Pretzel Bites
- 1 16 ounce bag pretzel bites
- 1/2 cup Orville Redenbacher popcorn oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Kernel Season's Nacho Cheddar seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 200 F.
- Place pretzel bites in large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil and cheddar seasoning.
- Pour the oil mixture over the pretzels and toss to coat well.
- Pour pretzels bites out onto a large baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, tossing every 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.