I was busy. Way too busy to even think about making a lunch that took more than 5 minutes of my time. Desperate times call for desperate measures, so I heated up some pre-made chicken nuggets. Don’t judge me, I had to do it. Plus, truth be told, I like them. I can’t help it. But I wasn’t just going to dip them in ketchup or mustard. No, I took an extra 30 seconds and whisked up a copycat of the Chick-fil-A dipping sauce and tossed it into the fridge so that the flavors got happy while the chicken was heating.
For a nice twist on this Chick-fil-A sauce swap out a spicy BBQ sauce for the smoky hickory BBQ sauce. Or just add a few splashes of hot sauce to the recipe below.
Love chicken fingers like I do? Try my copycat KFC Twisters.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hickory barbecue sauce I recommend Weber's Hickory BBQ
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using as a dip for chicken fingers, fries, or just slathering on burgers!