We spent a week in a condo on fabulous Tybee Island, Georgia not long ago. I wanted to maximize our time on the beach, which meant that I wanted meals that I could prepare with minimal effort and time. Slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs was the perfect choice. And it was mighty tasty too. Yummy meatballs in a flavorful sauce, with the spaghetti already mixed in. It really doesn’t get any easier.
I always like a little kick in my spaghetti and meatballs, whether they’re from the slow cooker or not, so I added a bit of red pepper flakes. You can leave them out if you like.
The perfect side dish for spaghetti and meatballs? My gotta-have-it garlic bread.
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen meatballs
- 1 (24 ounce) jar your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (48 ounce) container beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flake
- 1/4 cup, plus more for serving, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 1 1/2" pieces
- Place all ingredients except for the pasta into a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 8 hours, stirring every hour or so.
- Add the broken pasta, stir, and cook another 20 minutes.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese for topping.