My slow cooker Buffalo chicken is mighty darned good, if I do say so myself. And putting it on a taco is just fantastic. Crunchy taco shell (I use crunchy shells whenever my taco ingredients aren’t crunchy) because I need that contrast between crunchy and well, not crunchy. Spicy, creamy chicken, sweet corn, fantastic avocado and a bit of cilantro. You won’t even realize that these tacos don’t have (or need) cheese on them, but if you’re missing it, just crumble a bit of blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese over the tops before serving.
To give these Buffalo chicken tacos a nice citrus kick, serve them with a few lime wedges for squeezing.
Also try my Buffalo chicken sandwiches.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn
- 3 cups Buffalo chicken I used our slow cooker version
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or Ranch salad dressing
- 12-16 hard taco shells or substitute flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, pitted, chopped
- Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- Warm the corn.
- Warm the chicken. Stir in the salad dressing.
- Heat the shells or tortillas as desired.
- Divide lettuce between tacos. Add meat, corn and avocado.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.