I’m always on the lookout for recipes that call for leftover pulled pork. I smoke a lot of pork, always making more than I need because I love it on more than just sandwiches. And boy oh boy, these BBQ deviled eggs are ‘da bomb’. They aren’t just hard boiled eggs topped with BBQ sauce-laden pork. Oh no. They bring it with a little vinegar kick, a little smoke and a little heat. Each bite is truly fantastic.
You can make this recipe using any leftover smoked meat, be it pork, chicken or beef. Make sure you chop or shred it small. You don’t want the meat to drown out the other flavors.
Normally I would pipe the mixture onto the tops of the boiled eggs but this mixture was a bit too thick to do that so I just spooned it on top. No harm in that. People aren’t going to spend a lot of time looking at these BBQ deviled eggs. They won’t last long enough for long stares.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded or finely chopped cooked pulled pork, warmed
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Dill pickles, chopped
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Peel the eggs and cut in half.
- Remove the egg yolks to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, oil, hot sauce, vinegar, liquid smoke, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Alternatively you can pipe the mixture onto the eggs, but you might need to add a bit more mayo and or oil to thin it enough to do so.
- Combine the pork and BBQ sauce and spoon over the tops of the eggs.
- Sprinkle a few chopped dill pickle pieces over each egg.
- Dust the eggs liberally with smoked paprika and serve.