Oh me how happy was I with this pizza? Darned happy, that’s how happy! All of my favorite things. Crunchy pizza crust. Moist, tender chicken, cheese, smoky BBQ sauce, and of course, some heat! BBQ chicken pizza was a big hit in our household, that’s for sure!
BBQ chicken pizza is also the easiest, tastiest way to use up leftover cooked chicken. You can also make this same recipe using leftover pulled pork or smoked brisket.
I used a smoky, hickory-flavored BBQ sauce since the chicken I used was roasted and didn’t have that much smoky flavor. If I was going to use smoked pork or beef I’d use a sauce without a smoky flavor since there’s already enough of that in the meat.
Also try my white garlic chicken pizza.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 large pizza crust
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce use a thinner, hickory-flavored sauce for the best results
- 10 ounces cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped roasted jalapenos or substitute sliced pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven per pizza crust instructions.
- Brush some of the BBQ sauce over the pizza crust.
- Combine chicken and BBQ sauce. Spread evenly over the crust.
- Add onion, cheeses, and jalapenos.
- Bake per crust instructions.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, slice and serve.