Cheeseburger gnocchi reminds me of a childhood canned favorite, RavioliOs, but taken to a whole new level. Making this dish wasn’t a whole lot harder than just opening a can either. Grab a big bowl on a cold day and you’ll definitely forget the weather. Creamy, cheesy, tomato-y beefy stick-to-your-ribs total goodness.
I can’t say I’d change much about this recipe. It really hit the spot after shoveling snow from the driveway. I might substitute spicy bulk Italian sausage for the beef for a little kick and Italian-inspired flavor.
This cheeseburger gnocchi has me jonesin’ for some cheeseburger soup now.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 16-ounce package frozen gnocchi
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion. Season with salt and pepper and saute until just soft.
- Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Crumble in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in the mustard, diced and crushed tomatoes and the beef broth.
- Season with more salt and pepper as desired.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the gnocchi and cover.
- Continue simmering about 5 minutes or until the gnocchi is tender.
- Add the heavy cream and cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Serve garnished with the green onions.