Mmmmmmm. Buffalo chicken. That’s all I need to hear. I love that great spicy, vinegary flavor, with a little something for a cool-down. For my Buffalo wings that means some sort of dipping sauce. This Buffalo chicken Alfredo has that same great Buffalo flavor, with a built-in cool-down sauce. Creamy. Spicy. Cool. This really was a fantastic dish.
I used some leftover Buffalo chicken that I made in the slow cooker, but you can also use my outstanding Buffalo chicken made on a Char-Broil Big Easy, the best cooker for all-things poultry.
If you aren’t a big fan of Buffalo chicken (you should be because it’s also awesome on a sub sandwich!), the Alfredo sauce over pasta is definitely great by itself. Or add some chopped rotisserie chicken.
- 2 cups Buffalo chicken (I used our slow cooker version)
- 1 (12 ounce package) angel hair pasta, cooked, drained
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Warm the chicken.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions. Drain well.
- Add pasta to the Alfredo sauce and stir to coat.
- Divide the pasta between 4 plates.
- Top pasta with the warmed Buffalo chicken.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
- Add butter and olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Add the the garlic,cream, and white pepper.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring often.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer for 10 minutes stirring often, until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the mozzarella and stir until melted.