I love when avocados are in season here. They’re perfect on a salad, be it sliced, chopped or in the dressing itself. This avocado Ranch dressing is quite easy to make. It packs a nice subtle avocado flavor, with the wonderful creamy herb flavor of Ranch.
Avocado Ranch dressing isn’t just for salads either. It’s perfect as a dip, or use it as a substitute for sour cream on tacos or nachos.
For a little more kick, try my jalapeno ranch dressing.
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seed removed
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup milk (plus more, if needed)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons (or more) hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Scoop out the avocado and place into a blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients except salt and process until smooth.
- Taste, add salt as needed, and pulse a few more times to mix.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Note: If the dressing gets too thick, stir in a bit more milk before serving.