I love when avocados are in season here. They’re perfect on a salad, be it sliced, chopped or in the dressing itself. This avocado Ranch dressing is quite easy to make. It packs a nice subtle avocado flavor, with the wonderful creamy herb flavor of Ranch. I like my dressing pretty thick, so that’s how I made it. But if you prefer yours a little thinner, just add some more milk.
Avocado Ranch dressing isn’t just for salads either. It’s perfect as a dip, or use it as a substitute for sour cream on tacos or nachos.
For a little more kick, try my jalapeno ranch dressing.
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 2 ripe avocados halved, seed removed
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup milk plus more, if needed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons or more hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Scoop out the avocado and place into a blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients except salt and process until smooth.
- Taste, add salt as needed, and pulse a few more times to mix.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Note: If the dressing gets too thick, stir in a bit more milk before serving.