“Blown away”. Those were the first words that crossed my mind when I took my first bite of chicken wings (cooked using a Vortex) tossed in Meijer’s Sweet Chili wing sauce. With no artificial flavors, I found the sauce to be nothing but pure goodness. It has a nice heat level, not too much, not too little. A little sweetness. And the perfect thickness. Not too gloppy, but perfect for sticking to wings and your fingers. Better than many top shelf wing sauces and a whole lot cheaper.
Anita’s favorite eat-out wings are the Thai’R Cracker wings from Quaker Steak and Lube. She said that the sweet chili sauce from Meijer is at least as good. And maybe a bit better. That’s saying a lot.
Also try Meijer’s Medium Buffalo wing sauce. Not too spicy, but just right!I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings, flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Meijer Sweet Chili wing sauce, to taste
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Cook wings as desired. Click here for our guide on cooking wings in a grill, smoker, deep fryer, oven, or a Char-Broil Big Easy.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.