Wedge and Cobb salads are always my favorites. I can throw either one together in no time at all with a variety of ingredients, whatever I have on hand. If I’m in a hurry I might grab a simple oil-and-vinegar dressing out of the pantry, but if I have a spare minute or two I like to make my own. Like this blue cheese vinaigrette. Easy to make using ingredients I almost always have on hand. It packs that nice blue cheese twang, along with a little hit of mustard. It was perfect on my simple wedge salad.I like to use smoked pepper and salt when making this blue cheese vinaigrette. It adds a nice unexpected flavor. Subtle but definitely different than ‘normal’ salt and pepper.
Also try my bacon buttermilk dressing on a wedge salad.
Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup blue cheese grated or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the cheese, vinegar, and mustard.
- While still whisking add the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.