We devoured these BBQ Island Club sandwiches like I devoured the Margaritaville: The Cookbook where I found the recipe that inspired them. There’s nothing wrong with your standard good ole club sandwich. And these are your standard good ole club sandwiches… but with a twist. The dressing mix, as easy as it is, sets them apart.
I made a big batch of the dressing and BBQ sauce mix for these BBQ Island Club sandwiches and kept it on hand for burgers and sandwiches. It’s a nice change and is also absolutely fantastic on a Reuben or pastrami sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 1 tablespoon your favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 slices turkey sandwich meat
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices cooked bacon, halved
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices ham sandwich meat
- Combine the salad dressing and the BBQ sauce.
- Slather one side of each slice of bread with the sauce mixture.
- Top one slice of bread (with the sauce-side up) with the turkey, one slice of Swiss and half of the lettuce.
- Add another slice of bread, sauce-side down.
- Add the remaining Swiss and lettuce, the bacon, tomato and ham.
- Add last slice of bread, sauce-side down.
- Skewer and cut in half and serve.