Anita and I recently spent a few days at the Dollywood DreamMore Resort and Spa. We had such a wonderful time there. One of the biggest highlights was the buffet. Normally when you think buffet you think low quality food, mostly pre-made. Oh that’s definitely not the case at the DreamMore. Everything was made from scratch and everything was out-of-this-world delicious.
One of the things I loved the most, interestingly enough, was the house-made dill Ranch salad dressing. It was delicious. I could’ve just drank it out of the bottle. I knew instantly that I had to make some when I got home. Now, this version is mighty good, too, but I’m pretty sure that the DreamMore version used fresh herbs (they had a nice herb garden right outside of the restaurant). Even still, this is delicious and a perfect alternative to ‘normal’ Ranch.
Do not be tempted to rush the 1 hour rest time that this dill Ranch salad dressing needs. Those dry herbs need time to make the dressing happy. I really love dill so I added a bit more than the recipe calls for.
Dill Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus more as needed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Add more milk (a little at a time) if you want the dressing to be thinner. Don't go crazy with it, though.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using. Stir again before serving.