Wow. My mind was telling me “Hey, look! A donut!” but my taste buds were telling me “Wow, that’s really different and cool!”. The pineapple rings are coated in a simple batter that cooks up golden brown delicious (GBD) , reminiscent of donuts. Drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with confectioners sugar, these little slices of heaven make for an outstandingly good dessert.
I bought this really cool pineapple corer from Amazon the other day. I’ve been wanting to use it forever. I picked up a pineapple on sale, got the corer out of the box, and in about a minute I had perfect fresh pineapple rings for these grilled maple bacon pineapple rings. The corer can also be used to make a pineapple ‘bowl’, great for serving things like fried rice and grilled shrimp with pineapple. Click on the picture below if you want to learn more about it on Amazon. It’s a fun little gadget.
Also try my glazed baked mini-donuts.
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Powdered sugar and pure maple syrup, for serving
- Heat 2" of oil in a Dutch oven or deep fryer to 365 F.
- Whisk together the Bisquick, egg and milk.
- Dip pineapple rings into the batter and coat completely.
- Fry the rings until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.