Wow. My mind was telling me “Hey, look! A donut!”. But my taste buds were telling me “Those aren’t donuts! Those look really different and cool!”. Pineapple donuts! Woo hoo!
Pineapple rings coated in a simple batter that cooks up golden brown delicious (GBD), reminiscent of ‘normal’ donuts, are fantastic. Next they get drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with confectioners sugar.
These little slices of heaven make for an outstandingly good dessert.
I bought this really cool pineapple corer from Amazon the other day that I’ve been just waiting to use so I picked up a pineapple on sale, got the corer out of the box, and in about a minute I had perfect fresh pineapple rings for these pineapple donuts.
The corer can also be used to make a pineapple ‘bowl’, great for serving things like fried rice and grilled shrimp with pineapple. Click on the picture below if you want to learn more about it on Amazon. It’s a fun little gadget.
Also try my glazed baked mini-donuts.
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Powdered sugar and pure maple syrup for serving
- Heat 2" of oil in a Dutch oven or deep fryer to 365 F.
- Whisk together the Bisquick, egg and milk.
- Dip pineapple rings into the batter and coat completely.
- Fry the rings until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.