I admit, I might have been a little worried when I first opened a bottle of Meijer’s Mango Habanero wing sauce to take a taste. You don’t mess around with habaneros. As much as I’m a fan of spicy food, habaneros can actually just hurt.
Well, my fears were unfounded because the heat is tamed perfectly by sweet mangoes. Yeah, oh yeah, there’s still a spicy kick, but it’s spot-on perfect. Like the other Meijer wing sauces I’ve tried, I found it to be perfect!
Besides great flavors (like this Mango Habanero wing sauce) and perfect consistency (you don’t want your wing sauce ending up in a puddle at the bottom of your plate), Meijer’s wing sauces are all all-natural. No weird stuff makes for better wings!
Also try Meijer’s Medium Buffalo wing sauce.I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Meijer Mango Habanero Wing Sauce
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Meijer Mango Habanero Wing Sauce
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.