True story: I often dream about muffaletta sandwiches. They have the perfect combination of flavors. Smoky provolone. Cured meats. Fantastic olive salad. This muffaletta flatbread pizza takes all those great flavors (and more) and puts it on a bite-sized crunchy slice. Perfect for a party, perfect for any time!
I make my own olive salad when I have time. It’s completely amazing, and definitely one of my favorite things to make. No matter if you use homemade or store-bought, make sure you drain the salad a bit before using it. You want a bit of the great olive oil flavor, but you don’t want a soggy pizza.
Also try my white garlic chicken flatbread pizza.
Muffaletta Flatbread Pizza
- 2 flatbreads I used Flatout Sundried Tomato
Toppings (divide equally between the two flatbreads)
- Olive salad drained just slightly
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese Mozzarella, provolone, Italian blend, whatever you prefer
- 3 slices Provolone cheese cut into strips
- 3 slices salami cut into strips or chopped
- 3 slices Mortadella cut into strips or chopped
- 3 slices Capicolla Prosciutto, or smoked ham, cut into strips or chopped
- 1/4 cup baby artichoke hearts drained, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place flatbreads on baking sheets and bake for 2 minutes. Flip and bake for another 2 minutes to get crusts slightly crunchy. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Spread olive salad on to the flatbreads. Get a little of the yummy juice on them but not too much or they will be soggy.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is crunchy.
- Place under broiler for 30 seconds or so if you want a little char on the toppings.
- Slice and serve.