It’s not that you have to hold me down and force me to eat my veggies, it’s just that I think they need a little ‘help’ to make them good. If you add cheese, then they’re great and I’m going to eat them like they’re going out of style. This slow cooker cauliflower and cheese is a super-simple way to make a delicious side dish that anyone will love.
I’ve made slow cooker cauliflower with cheese a number of times. Sometimes I mix it up by using half a head each of cauliflower and broccoli. Or just broccoli. Whatever you prefer, it’s good stuff!
For a little kick, add a few pinches of red pepper flake. For a little crunch, serve topped with a few good sprinkles of French fried onions.
Also try my mashed cauliflower.
Slow Cooker Cauliflower and Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower or broccoli cut into florets (or do 1/2 head of each)
- 1 10.5 ounce can condensed cheddar soup
- 1 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- Lightly spray a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the florets.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir until the cheddar has melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the florets. Cover and cook on low 2 to 3 hours or until crisp-tender. Cook longer if you like your veggies more tender.