I love cooking meals from scratch. But sometimes reality hits and I have to throw something together that doesn’t require a lot of preparation. That’s where this quick fix copycat of McDonald’s chicken sandwich comes in. In less than 30 minutes I get to enjoy a rather tasty chicken sandwich. Heck it even has fresh toppings on it and a rather tasty (but incredibly simple) sauce. Hey, it’s not bad when you’re in a crunch, and I often find myself making little changes to mix things up a bit.
Add a little kick to your quick fix copycat McDonald’s chicken sandwich by substituting Tyson’s spicy chicken patties, adding a slice of pepper jack cheese, and adding Sriracha instead of onion powder when making the sauce.
Also try my copycat of McDonald’s addicting French fries.
Quick Fix Copycat McDonald's Chicken Sandwich
- 2 Tyson chicken breast patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- Green leaf lettuce
- Ripe tomatoes sliced thin
- Red onion sliced thin (optional)
For the McChicken sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash onion powder
- Heat the chicken per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking together the ingredients.
- Toast the buns if desired. Slather both bun halves with the sauce.
- Add the heated chicken patties, lettuce and tomato (and onion if using) and serve.