There are lots and lots of cucumber salads in the world of recipes. I really love the crispness of the cucumbers, the bite of the vinegar and slight sweetness. Of course there’s dill and plenty of it. I’m pretty sure dill exists solely to be used with cucumbers.This version is essentially the same as my all-time favorite creamy cucumber salad but minus the ‘creamy’.
This cucumber salad does not have to be served just as a salad, either. It’s fantastic on top of a pulled pork sandwich. It’s also a nice change from the usual dill pickle slices (or coleslaw) you often find on a sandwich.
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced thin
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh dill weed
- Place cucumber into a resealable container.
- Place remaining ingredients except dill into a jar. Seal and shake until combined.
- Pour liquid over cucumbers. Seal and shake gently to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh dill.