You gotta eat your veggies. You can’t just slap a few burgers onto the grill and call it dinner. Or so I’ve been told. So, why not make those veggies yummy! These grilled ginger-orange carrots definitely don’t taste like boring carrots. They pack a little sweet, and a little heat. Often carrots are too sweet for my taste. The spiciness in these little delicious bites definitely offsets that sweetness.
I’m a big fan of Sambal Oelek, an Asian chili garlic sauce. It’s nice and thick and spicy. You might not like that heat in your grilled ginger-orange carrots as much as I do, so I’d start with a little less than I state in the recipe and taste it. If you like it, stop. If you want more kick, add more!
Also try my spicy cranberry glazed carrots.
Grilled Ginger-Orange Carrots
- 1 pound large carrots peeled, sliced as desired
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade or more, to taste
- Brush carrots with oil. Fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bow. Add the carrots and toss to coat.
- Transfer carrots to the grill (I recommend a grill basket for easy cooking and cleanup) and cook 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.