Last week was salad week here. Every once-in-a-while I go on a one-week long campaign to make salads. Not little ole wimpy salads, but meal-sized salads that dreams are made of. To add a special touch I often make dressings from scratch, like this copycat Chipotle honey vinaigrette. This dressing checked all the boxes. Perfect consistency (very important!). Nice and creamy. A little sweat. And a little heat. Heck, I just realized that my favorite salad dressings are a lot like barbecue sauces! Huh!
This copycat Chipotle honey vinaigrette is not only great on salads, it’s also great as a marinade for chicken. Just let chicken breasts (or whatever cuts you prefer) get happy in the dressing for an hour or so, then grill as desired. So make extra vinaigrette and enjoy!
Copycat Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except for the olive oil into a blender.
- Blend on low speed. With the blender still running, slowly add the oil.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.