Since I was grilling up a few Asian pork burgers for dinner, I needed some fries to go with them. Something with a bit of Asian zing to it. So, I grabbed a bag of frozen fries out of the freezer, baked them up, and tossed them with a few Asian ingredients. In no time, my quick fix Asian fries were on the table, ready to be devoured.
These quick fix Asian fries do have a bit of a spicy kick to them, which is probably why we loved them so much. Get your fries good and crunchy. If they sit for long in the sauce they might get a bit soggy. They really won’t last long so it’s not much of a worry.
Also try my quick fix seasoned tater tots.
Quick Fix Asian Fries
- 1 pound frozen French fries
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 green onions green parts finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger or substitute a pinch of dried ginger
- Cook the fries as per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, create the sauce by placing all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- When the fries are done transfer them to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the fries with the sauce and toss lightly to coat. Serve.