I’m lucky in that I usually love darn near everything i make. These Mississippi Mud cheesy potatoes are definitely no exception. In fact, love may be an understatement. Anita and I both devoured them. You just can’t beat the tender potatoes, ooey gooey cheese, crunchy smoky bacon, and green onions. It’s a lot like having a loaded baked potato, and yep, you guessed it, I love loaded baked potatoes too.
The only possible change (and really, it’s a stretch perhaps) I would make to these Mississippi Mud cheesy potatoes would be to add a roasted jalapeno or two. Actually, that’s not a stretch at all. Or maybe a pinch or two of smoked paprika or chipotle powder. Yeah, I’m going that for sure now!
Also make my delicious melting potatoes.
Mississippi Mud Cheesy Potatoes
- 10 cups Russet potatoes diced (about 5 medium potatoes)
- 1 pound shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound thin-sliced bacon cooked, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour until the potatoes are tender.