I’ve said it before. If you’re standing in the wing sauce section of the grocery store, trying to decide on the next sauce you’re going to grab for a great batch of wings, do not hesitate to try the store brand. I was at Kroger, and I couldn’t help myself. I grabbed one each of every one of their sauces, including the Kroger Medium Wing Sauce. The sauce turned out to be perfect! A decent hint of heat (a bit more than Kroger’s Mild Wing Sauce) and the perfect consistency. This is a mighty fine wing sauce, and boy, the price was right!
If you by chance end up with any leftover medium wing sauce, toss it in the fridge. Make sure you warm it a bit (at least to room temperature) before using it on your next batch of wings. Nothing makes hot wings sad faster than tossing them in cold wing sauce!
Kroger also makes a fantastic Parmesan garlic wing sauce. Try it too!I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes. Also check out my always-growing list of my favorite store-bought wing sauces.
Kroger Medium Wing Sauce
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Kroger Medium wing sauce to taste
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.