When I was a kid bean n’ wieners were one of my favorites. Here I am many years later and well, nothing much has changed because I still love them. My grown-up version is slow cooker beans ‘n wiener. Cooked for hours so that that great sauce flavors the beans and hot dogs just perfectly. A big bowl can chase away the cold weather, and quick. I call it the perfect dish after shoveling the snow off the driveway!
This recipe for slow cooker beans ‘n wieners is perfect as it is, but you can add a bit of heat if you want. Just add a small can of chopped roasted jalapenos in at the start and let that great heat get slow cooked into the rest of the ingredients.
Also try my quick fix BBQ beans!
Slow Cooker Beans 'n Wieners
- 1 pound don't be afraid to use more all-beef hot dogs, cut into fourths
- 3 15 ounce cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Stir and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.