My first (big) bite of these copycat Lone Start Steakhouse Amarillo cheese fries made me think I’d just come upon the world’s largest plate of potato skins. Well, it has some of the flavors of potato skins at least. Good ones. Not the wimpy thin ones with no toppings. These fries are loaded with bacon. And cheese. And a taco-flavored Ranch dressing that you could just drink. I served this at home, but I’d been just as happy ordering a big ole plate of these fries while sitting at a bar sipping on a cold brew!
You can make this recipe for copycat Lone Star Steakhouse Amarillo cheese fries just as it is and have a good ole time eating it. Or, you can use it as a base recipe for even more amped-up cheese fries. Add some green onion. Maybe a dollop or two of sour cream. Skip and bacon and add BBQ pulled pork or chicken instead. A little pico de gallo ain’t gonna hurt either! Own it!
Also try my Texas fries.
Copycat Lone Star Steakhouse Amarillo Cheese Fries
- Cook fries per package instructions. Baked is fine, but deep-fried is better!
- Meanwhile make the sauce by whisking the Ranch and taco seasoning together in a medium bowl.
- Arrange fries on a heat-proof platter.
- Sprinkle fries with bacon and cheese. Place platter in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Drizzle with the Ranch dressing mix and serve.