Mmmmmm. Simple, but oh so good! The Works baked potatoes remind me of the wonderful potatoes at Hog’s Breath Eatery, in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I used to eat at Hog’s Breath regularly. Man, did they have great baked potatoes. Sadly, the Hog’s Breath Eatery has closed. That means I have to make more baked potatoes like this one at home instead of saving up my cravings for the next time I go to Fayetteville.
I have no problem admitting that for me, The Works baked potato makes the perfect main dish. Not a side, nope. Although you could certainly do that. But you grab a big enough baker and load it up, you’ve got a great dinner. There’s nothing fancy going on here, just a good, fast, easy baked potato.
Also try my cheesy broccoli baked potatoes.
The Works Baked Potato
- 4 large potatoes baked (See The Best Baked Potato)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 4 ounces canned sliced mushrooms drained, divided
- 4 ounces canned sliced black olives drained, divided
- 4 tablespoons white onion chopped, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup sour cream divided
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits divided
- Split the potatoes along the tops.
- Divide the remaining ingredients between the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.