Bored of that same-ole, same-ole crockpot corned beef recipe? Well, here ya go! You’re not going to be disappointed with this slow cooker Guinness corned beef. Oh yeah, it’s tender and moist. And, boy oh boy is it ever packed with great flavor. The stout beer adds a tremendous deep flavor to each and every bite. The mustard adds a nice little kick, almost unexpected. And onion. I’m a big fan of onion, and I never hesitate to add it to a dish, be in the slow cooker or a steak marinade.
Any time I made slow cooker Guinness corned beef it’s going to end up in one place and one place only: between two slices of rye bread as a Reuben sandwich. I could probably get more creative with it by why would I? I love a good Reuben sandwich. There’s no such thing as too many Reuben’s in my world.
Also try my slow cooker chopped corned beef Reuben.
Slow Cooker Guinness Corned Beef
- 4 pound corned beef with the spice packet
- 12 ounces Guinness Irish stout
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Remove the corned beef from the packaging and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a slow cooker fat-side up.
- Add the pickling spice packet contents, onion, garlic, Guinness, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Remove from the slow cooker and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.