I’m usually a crispy-hash-browns kind of guy. I like the potatoes to get that nice little crust on them. This time I decided to go another route with frozen cubed hash brown potatoes. These slow cooker creamy hash brown potatoes are rich and tasty. They are the perfect breakfast side, whether breakfast is in the morning or for dinner.
For a little kick to your slow cooker creamy hash brown potatoes add diced roasted jalapenos, or use a pepper jack cheese instead of the Colby jack. You can also substitute cayenne pepper for the paprika. It’ll still add the (needed) color and a little spiciness.
Slow Cooker Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 32 ounce package Ore-Ida frozen diced Hash Brown potatoes (you can also use Ore-Ida potatoes O'Brien)
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can Campbell's condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 7.5 ounce tub Kraft Philadelphia Chive and Onion cream cheese spread
- Unsalted butter or milk if needed
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place potatoes into slow cooker. Combine the soup, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and paprika. Pour over the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring a few times.
- Stir in the cream cheese. Add butter or milk and stir if the mixture is too thick.
- Cover and continue cooking another 30 minutes.