I need more grilled sides like these Asian grilled vegetables. It’s a simple way to make flavor-packed vegetables with little fuss or mess. I use a vegetable grill basket and place it on my grill alongside whatever else I’m grilling, be it burgers, dogs, or whatever. In no time I have the perfect delicious side dish.I used bell pepper, onion and zucchini but really you can use any vegetables you can find as long as they all have the about the same cooking time. If you’re using something that needs longer to cook (like carrots) you might want to steam them a bit first or add them to the basket and let them cook by themselves for a while before adding the remaining ingredients.
Also check out my broccoli in Hoison sauce. I made it on the grill too, but it’s just as easily made on the stovetop.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1 onion, quartered and separated
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/2" slices
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes, stirring often,
- Transfer ingredients to a grill basket. If you don't have a grill basket tear off a large sheet of foil and add the mixture to the center of the piece. Fold up and seal tightly.
- Place onto grill and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften and get a little char on them. Stir and continue cooking until the vegetables are the desired doneness. I like mine to still have a bit of crunch.