It was Wedge Salad Day (WSD) here. I love a cold slice of iceberg with my favorite salad go-tos, like boiled eggs, avocado and cherry tomatoes. And bacon. For more bacony flavor goodness I made a bacon buttermilk dressing. Nice and creamy smooth, but with a hint of smokiness and a little crunch.
The Dijon mustard adds a nice contrast to this bacon buttermilk dressing. A little tang. You could leave it out for a more mellow flavor and the dressing would be just as great. I like to consider this dressing ‘drink worthy’, a sign of a great salad dressing.
Also try my blue cheese vinaigrette. It’s perfect on a wedge salad too!
Bacon Buttermilk Dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crisp, chopped
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.