I wasn’t sure how I was going to word this post on black pepper honey. I mean, yeah, it’s just honey, salt and pepper. But boy, was it ever good on a few toasted English muffins. I never thought about just how much salt and pepper really could make honey even better than it already is. It’s just that easy. Great anywhere you use “regular” honey.
My great uncle kept bees for a while when I was younger. I was (and still am) fascinated by them. It’s amazing how much different fresh honey tastes than the mass-produced honey you find in the grocery store. It’s like night and day.
Black Pepper Honey
- 2 cups quality honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of Kosher salt
- Pour honey into a medium saucepan over medium heat until you notice bubbles starting to appear along the edges of the pan.
- Add the pepper and salt and stir.
- Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Note: The honey does not require refrigeration, but you should use it up within a few weeks.