Well now, these were different! I’d never thought of stuffing mushrooms with chili. Not even in my dreams, where sometimes odd food things can happen. I have to say, they’re quite the addicting little bites. Further proof that the Char-Broil Big Easy isn’t just for poultry (but let’s face it, it does one heck of a good job at that!).
You could definitely spice up your version of chili-stuffed mushrooms. Use a spicy chili (you probably saw that coming) and shredded habanero jack cheese. Top the mushrooms with jalapeno just before serving. That’ll get the party going!
Also try my pesto-stuffed mushrooms on the Big Easy.
- 16 cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup chili
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus a bit more for topping
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. to taste
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Combine the chili, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of cheddar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon mixture into the center of the mushrooms. Push it in (gently) to fill the cavity. It's ok to mound it up a good bit too.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the Big Easy basket and the Bunk Bed Basket.
- Place into the Big Easy and cook until the mushrooms are starting to soften, about 15 minutes.
- You can add the cheese now and return the mushrooms to the Big Easy to melt it, or remove them, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with more cheese.