I love having sandwiches for lunch. The can be anywhere from simple to fancy, depending on my mood (and available time). I knew by the end of last week that there was going to be a sandwich-kind-of-weekend coming up, so I made a nice big batch of this fantastically simple but oh-so-delicious deli sandwich spread. Nice and creamy, perfectly spreadable, it has a nice herby hint. I felt fru-fru eating my sandwich, and that takes something let me tell you!
For a little kick, add a pinch or two of red pepper flake to this deli sandwich spread. Stir and let the spread set an extra hour or so in the fridge. It definitely gets better with time but if you’re in a hurry go for it. It’s still great stuff.
Try my stuffed deli sandwich too. It’ll make you happy.
Deli Sandwich Spread
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or 1 teaspoon dried minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving