You could’ve just knocked me over with a feather. I don’t usually find myself bragging about a vegetable side dish like these grilled Tuscan vegetables. Until now. All of the flavors of the vegetables came together perfectly. Smoky bacon, a little garlic and a combination of tastes and textures cooked in almost no time.
I’ve made grilled Tuscan vegetables a few times now and sometimes I leave off the Parmesan and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I add a pinch or two of red pepper flake for a little kick and sometimes I don’t. And if I don’t have spinach leaves? Or zucchini? That’s ok. You can substitute just about any vegetable you have on hand, but I always include the artichoke hearts. Always.
Also try my fantastic grilled marinated medley.
Grilled Tuscan Vegetables
- 1 8 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped roughly
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 1/4" slices
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves washed
- 2 plum tomatoes cut into 1/4" slices
- 4 ounces button mushrooms cut into 1/4" slices
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 slices bacon trimmed of excess fat and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Note: You can make these veggies in a grill basket or in foil packets.
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese.
- Divide between large pieces of foil and seal tightly or transfer to a large grill basket.
- Place over the fire and grill for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are the desired tenderness, tossing or shaking occasionally.
- Remove from grill. If using packets, open them carefully as they will be full of steam.
- Serve garnished with the Parmesan cheese.