I love making ‘regular’ baked potatoes. And I love making Hasselback potatoes. For whatever reason, I find making them to be more fun. They are cool looking. They’re super-easy to cook. These three cheese Hasselback potatoes are simple yet packed with plenty of yummy creamy cheese. I love cheese. I love these potatoes.
Time for me to fess up. In the past I’ve cut my Hasselback potatoes by hand, using an old wooden spoon to prevent me from cutting too far. I was fairly successful at it, but it was time consuming and often frustrating. So now I ‘cheat’. I bought a slicing rack for these three cheese Hasselback potatoes and my life is oh so much better since I did. Perfectly sliced potatoes, every single time. Check it out on Amazon.
Three Cheese Hasselback Potatoes
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup finely grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice the potatoes (see the post for instructions on how to do this manually or using a Hasselback slicing rack).
- Transfer the potatoes to a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine the butter with the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Gently spread the potato slices apart and brush with half of the butter mixture.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Brush with remaining butter mixture and divide the cheese between the potatoes.
- Return to the oven, under the broiler, to melt the cheese, another 1 minute.