I’ve found the replacement for eating popcorn while watching a movie. No more of that. Grilled bacon-wrapped jalapeno-stuffed olives are much, much better. Yeah, there’s definitely a spicy kick to them. And a little smokiness from the bacon. A bit salty. Just give me a bowl of these little bites and a little cool ranch or blue cheese dressing (gotta cool off!) and I’m happy!
You don’t have to go the spicy route if you don’t want to. Any stuffed olives will work just fine for this recipe. Try Gouda-stuffed olives, they’re fantastic too! Just make sure you get big olives, big enough to wrap the bacon around. Those lil ole pimento-stuffed olives that are barely bigger than peanuts just won’t do.
- 15 jalapeno-stuffed green olives
- 5 slices thin bacon, cut into thirds
- Your favorite rub or seasoning
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Wrap each olive in a piece of bacon. I didn't need a toothpick to secure the bacon, but you might.
- Sprinkle your rub out on a plate and roll the bacon-wrapped olives in it to coat.
- Grill 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.
- Serve with cool ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.