I love a spicy bean dip. Served up with a big ole bowl of warmed tortilla chips. Melted cheese, refried beans, spicy sausage, and lots of heat. I made this Mexican bean dip on the Char-Broil Big Easy in no time at all. You can make it in your oven too, just as easily.
This dip is not shy on heat. You can tone it back by using regular chorizo instead of hot (or substitute ground beef or sausage) and skipping the jalapenos.
Disposable mini meatloaf pans are great for cooking up dishes like this dip on the Big Easy. You can fit 4 of them on the cooker at once if you use the Big Easy Bunk Bed basket.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Mexican Bean Dip on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 pound hot Mexican chorizo sausage
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 6 ounce can refried beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 disposable mini meatloaf pans if cooking in the oven use a 9" x 9" baking dish
- 3 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup taco or hot sauce
- 1/2 pound shredded cheese I used a combination of taco and Mexican cheese
- Black olives sliced
- Green onion sliced
- Tortilla chips warmed
- Crumble the sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until almost done.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking until the meat is done.
- Stir in the beans, cumin and oregano. Remove from heat.
- Fire up your Big Easy (or preheat your oven to 350 F if cooking in the oven).
- Divide the meat mixture between the pans.
- Divide the hot jalapenos and taco sauce between the pans.
- Place into the Big Easy or oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese to the tops of the dips and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with olives and green onion and serve with warm tortilla chips.