Boy, oh, boy, I’m not sure how to even describe these little tasty treats. Sure, they’re chocolatey, and peanut buttery, and crunchy, and sweet. The first time you bite into one of these muddy buddies your eyes will get big and you’ll grin from ear to ear. Caution: You’ll want to eat these with someone else in the room to help you stop or they’ll all disappear. Anita took a batch of these to work and they were gobbled up very quickly.
- 1 14 1/2 ounce box Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place cereal in a large resealable bowl.
- Melt and combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a double boiler. You can also microwave them, in 30 second intervals, stirring often. I prefer a double boiler, I just find it easier to melt everything without over doing it.
- Pour melted mixture over the cereal and fold gently to coat the cereal.
- Sprinkle the cereal with the sugar. Seal the bowl and gently shake and roll the bowl around to coat all of the cereal.
- Place a large piece of wax paper on your countertop. Pour the cereal onto the paper, spreading it out evenly.
- Let cereal cool completely before serving. Serve unused treats in the fridge.