Anything on a stick is fun to eat. Especially if there are BBQ sauce and cheese involved. These spiral hot dogs are served with a queso dipping sauce that has the added bonus of being a fantastic dip for tortilla chips.
I used Weber’s no-high fructose corn syrup BBQ sauce. It’s smooth and good.
Love hot dogs as much as I do? Check out my free eCookbook that is packed with tons of hot dog recipes.
- 1/4 cup your favorite barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot dogs (4 large dinner dogs or a package of regular sized dogs)
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 pound (4 ounces) Velveeta® cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes (or substitute 1/2 cup canned petite diced tomatoes, drained)
- Reserved barbecue and Worcestershire mix
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Combine the barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the mixture for the queso sauce.
- Place a hot dog on a flat surface.
- Hold a knife at a 45 degree angle to the dog, and insert into the dog 1/8". Rotate the dog slowly, making an incision as you go.
- Repeat with remaining dogs.
- Carefully thread dogs onto the skewers.
- Place hot dogs over a hot grill. Cook for a few minutes then rotate.
- Once the dogs are nearly done, with a nice char, brush with the barbecue sauce mix and grill a little longer.
- Serve dogs with the queso sauce, for dipping.
- Place Velveeta and milk into a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir often until the cheese has melted.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the tomatoes, reserved barbecue and Worcestershire mix, and hot sauce, if desired.
- Keep warm until ready to use.