I’ve been using seasonings from Dizzy Pig for years. Everything they make is packed with flavor and is of the highest quality. Dizzy Pig has a wide variety of spice mixes available, like this Raging River seasoning that is absolutely perfect on a chicken roasted in the Char-Broil Big Easy. I made a beer-can version, but you can skip that step and just season the chicken and cook it as-is in the Big Easy. Either way, you get a great maple-infused herby flavor with just a slight spicy kick that is out-of-this-world great.
Raging River chicken tastes (and looks!) fantastic! The skin is crispy and, well, addicting. Very addicting. Dangerously addicting. So is my rotisserie-style chicken, also made on the Big Easy, which you should also try. It’s amazing how great poultry on the Big Easy is, with just a few store-bought ingredients.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Raging River Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 whole chicken 6-8 pounds
- Olive oil
- Dizzy Pig Raging River Seasoning
- Optional: One can of beer
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Lightly brush the chicken with olive oil.
- Generously sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning.
- If opting to make beer can chicken open the can and drain (er... drink) about 1/4th of the beer. Add a heaping teaspoon of seasoning to the beer. Insert beer can into the bottom of the chicken.
- Place chicken into the basket and insert into the Big Easy.
- Cook for 15 minutes per pound or until the chicken has hit 165 F as measured in several locations.
- Let rest 15 minutes before removing the beer can (if using) and carving.