One of the things I love about being addicted to cooking and eating chicken wings is that 99 times out of 100, every new recipe I try is just absolutely fantastic. I dream about chicken wings. A lot. And these roasted red chile wings, well, they were crazy good and certainly dream-worthy.
I love chile peppers for the pepper flavor. And although I also love spicy, my number one love is that great pepper flavor, and the roasted red chile jelly from Albukirky Seasonings brings that and then some without scary spiciness.The Albukirky Seasonings red chile BBQ rub (and also the green chile BBQ rub) has quickly become my go-to wing rub. It’s just perfect on wings (and other things, too, but I really, really enjoy it on wings). Combined with the red chile jelly (which I thinned just a bit) the roasted red chile wings made for a lunch that I won’t soon forget, but I will soon make again.free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Roasted Red Chile Wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded or saved for making chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- AlbuKirky Seasonings Red Chile BBQ Rub
- AlbuKirky Seasonings Roasted Red Chile Jelly heated on the stove top until thin enough to brush (you may want to add a little bit of water to thin the jelly, but don't add too much)
- Place wings into a large resealable bag.
- Add the oil.
- Add the rub, to taste. Seal the bag, and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-3 hours before cooking.
- If cooking on a grill, smoker or Big Easy, brush the wings with the jelly the last 5 minutes of cooking. If deep frying, toss the fried wings with the jelly just before serving.