The Kick’N chicken legs I made on my Char-Broil Big Easy not too long ago really got me going on cooking legs. Usually I’m a split chicken breast guy, even though the Big Easy cooks any cut perfectly. Legs cook quickly and always come out juicy and tender. These spicy roasted chicken legs have a little kick to them too, with a wonderful buttery flavor kissed with a bit of citrus.
Even if you like spicy, go easy on the cayenne first as you add it to the butter. Don’t go too crazy. Feel free to adjust all of the seasonings to your taste. No matter what, these spicy roasted chicken legs are a treat.
- 8 whole chicken legs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (more or less, to taste) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Place the legs into the Big Easy baskets. Try to not crowd them.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Brush 1/3rd of the mixture over the legs and transfer to the Big Easy.
- Cook for 30 minutes then brush with another 1/3rd of the butter mixture.
- Cook another 15 minutes or until the chicken temperate reaches 165 F as measured in several places, making sure to not touch the bone.
- Brush with the remaining butter mixture and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove and serve.