Anita asked me to make this again before we were even done with the first serving.
Also try my rodeo breakfast skillet.
Spicy Sausage Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce can hot Rotel tomatoes (use regular for a little less kick)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces pasta penne or any ridged pasta
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a 12" cast iron (or oven-proof) skillet. Add sausage and brown.
- Stir in the onion flakes, garlic powder, chicken broth, Rotel, cream, pasta, and Creole seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and place under the broiler until melted.
- Serve garnished with the green onions.